CICCOZZI ARCHITECTURE INC. IS LOOKING FOR A NEW SENIOR ARCHITECT TO JOIN THE TEAM
Ciccozzi Architecture Inc. is a mid sized architectural firm located in downtown Vancouver, BC. Our work covers a range of project types including Multi Family Residential, Mixed Use and Commercial.
The firm is growing, and we are now seeking talented, dedicated individuals to join our team on existing and upcoming projects including an office tower and hotel, high rise, mid rise and townhouse residential projects as well as and commercial and industrial projects We are currently looking for a Senior Architect with 12+ years of experience, with a minimum of 6 years local experience in a construction administration role for complex mixed-use residential developments.The ideal candidate is a self-motivated professional with extensive experience in contract documentation and contract administration. We require a person with strong communication and leadership skills and an ability to lead a team in residential and mixed-use projects. Applicants must be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.
We offer a great work environment with friendly colleagues in an open-concept office. You will have the oppor- tunity to work on a wide variety of projects with opportunities for ongoing career development and growth.
- Work closely with the Partner and Senior Project Managers.
- Lead a project team through the preparation of contract documents.
- Establish and maintain effective and professional liaisons with clients and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Be the prime contact to the General Contractor during construction phase until completion
- Conduct on-site visits to review compliance with contract documents; to observe and report on work in progress; preparation of Field Reviews.
- Exercise independent judgement and analysis of significant issues and find a resolution.
- Respond to Contractor RFI’s, issue SI’s and perform submittal reviews.
- Chair and prepare minutes for all contract document preparation/consultant coordination meetings and construction progress meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date project records.
- Establish and maintain project criteria and communicate it to project teams.
- Working knowledge of the BC Building Code, land use and zoning requirements
- Knowledge of current versions of VectorWorks, AutoCAD and Revit
- Working knowledge of building envelope concepts, construction practice and building systems (including combustible and non-combustable construction)
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficiency with Vectorworks. AutoCAD and/or REVIT an asset.
- Have exceptional technical, communication and leadership skills, which enable you to manage projects with confidence and ease.
- Have knowledge of applicable building codes/standards and a proven work history working with construction documents.
- Be comfortable managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a proven track record of maintaining high quality standards while working to tight deadlines
- Well organized, strict attention to detail
- Good trouble shooter and problem solver who works well under pressure with a can-do attitude.
- Have high initiative and be self-motivated.
- Possess a minimum Bachelor of Architecture
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume to email@example.com. Submit your resume and portfolio in confidence by email (pdf please) indicating the position you are applying for in the “Subject” line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls and drop-ins please.