CICCOZZI ARCHITECTURE INC. IS LOOKING FOR A NEW BIM & DESIGN APPLICATIONS MANAGER TO JOIN THE TEAM
Ciccozzi Architecture Inc. is an award winning architectural firm providing comprehensive and creative architec- tural services to an extensive list of private and corporate clients. Multi-family res-idential projects (townhomes to high-rise apartment towers), retail, commercial and mixed-use devel-opments make up the majority of our current work. We also offer vast experience in custom single-family homes, resort and hotel design, industrial and institutional work.
We offer a great work environment with friendly colleagues in an open-concept office. You will have the oppor- tunity to work on a wide variety of projects with opportunities for ongoing career development and growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Ciccozzi Architecture is seeking a design technologist to lead technology implementation and support efforts as a BIM & Design Applications Manager in our downtown Vancouver office. The ideal applicant will be innovative, self-motivated, and a collaborative leader. Excellent verbal communication skills allow you to engage effectively with project teams and office leadership.
The BIM & Design Applications Manager is a multifaceted job that focuses on the areas of Digital Design technical support and is expected to balance efforts between assisting project teams and providing general technology support and training.
The position requires expertise in the company’s design application (software), a solid foundation in all phases of architectural practice, and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Building Information Model (BIM) setup and early project technology planning
- Assisting teams with the generation of BIM execution plans and other technology related plans, protocols, or workflows
- Continuing Quality Assurance with project teams to maintain BIM quality and fidelity, adherence to BIM plans, adherence to firm wide modeling and information standards, and to maintain continuity of information across multiple applications.
- Coordination of application customization with internal or external application development resources
- Implementation of effective information protocols and workflows between project teams and external consultant
- Provide project continuance (modeling & detailing) assistance with project teams when necessary
- Provide project setup, modeling, and work-sharing guidance to project teams
- Create Revit families as needed in response to project need
- Assistance with the resolution of BIM design issues
- Technical support assistance with the resolution of BIM central model issues
- Coordination with design technology team with regard to local adoption of firm wide standards and practices
- Coordination of applications support with our IT infrastructure group.
- General setup, configuration, and customization of standard design and production applications
- Managing software products including but not limited to incorporating new version releases and customization of the product
- Managing the implementation of supporting software for BIM, and 3D Visualization
- Evaluating new BIM, and Visualization software and technologies
- Researching and evaluating BIM best practices
- Report on the company’s current and projected timeline regarding BIM implementation.
- Create upgrade and deployment strategies for the BIM implementation
- Continually assess, evaluate, and suggest areas of improvement with the firm’s current production workflow using BIM and Visualization applications
- Responsible for BIM standards development and implementation
- Creation and maintenance of the application Template Files to assure standards
- Provide support for plotting and electronic file submissions
- Automate routines in BIM to support production standards and productivity
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- Provide introductory and intermediate internal staff training for BIM, and Visualization applications
- Provide technical orientation to new employees regarding production standards
- Evaluate, interview, and perform assessment testing of interview candidates
- BS Arch, BArch or MArch
- 5-8 years’ experience in an architectural/interiors/planning or similar practice environment
- High-level of proficiency in Autodesk Revit in an architectural production environment
- Demonstrated experience supporting Autodesk Revit is also required.
- Knowledge in programming languages such as Python and C++ and Autodesk Dynamo software would be an asset.
Specific project-related responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
General technical support responsibilities include:
BIM planning strategies include:
Education & Skills:
Qualified candidates will possess:
Applicants with other degrees, but with significant design technology experience in a professional setting will be considered
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume to email@example.com. Include a resume, references, cover letter, and samples of work/portfolio. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for in person interviews.